We've been given permission to print every single event of the Didsbury Arts Festival 2011 calendar. A huge amount to choose from. If you'd like to a filterable version of this information be sure to check out the official Didsbury Arts Festival Programme pages.
So without further ado:
Didsbury Arts Festival What’ On
Entry to Events is Free unless shown otherwise. Pick up a full DAF Programme at the Library for event details, booking and times.
SATURDAY - 24 September
* ‘Off the cuff’ speaking - Didsbury Speakers - Albert Club/10.00am * The Didsbury Arts Festival Doodle Train - Ivy Manchester/10am - 1pm * Writing Memories - Edmund of Prestwich - Didsbury Pub (Upstairs)/10.30am * Didsbury Coffee Concert Emmanuel Church /11am * Courage To Sing - Choir - Northern Brass - Brass Quintet - The Wollfenden Fountain Machine - Street Theatre - Big Sid Giant Puppet / all Outside Library from 11.30am * Perspective drawing for amateur artists workshop - Simone Ridyard - Emmanuel Parish Centre 11.30am - 1.30pm * DAF Festival Gallery – Emmanuel Church – 1pm-5pm everyday * Animation Nation - Children’s Workshop - Didsbury Library/ 12noon, 1pm & 2pm * Art Song of Scotland - Music Recital - Didsbury United Reformed Church/ 1pm * New Writing in Didsbury - Moor Cottage Writers - Moor Cottage/ 1.30pm * Eastern European Folk Dancing - Illusion - Rock Band - Didsbury Theatre School - Parsonage Gardens Open Air Stage - Punch & Judy Show – all at the Parsonage Gardens /from 1.30pm - See Parsonage Gardens programme for details * Tangents, a mindscape in a landscape - film/talk - Cecile Elstein - Emmanuel Church//2pm * A Walk Around Didsbury - New Manchester Walks - Start at Café Rouge /2pm £6/£5 Pop and Circumstance - Celesta Players - East Didsbury Methodist Church Hall /2.30pm & 7.45pm/ £6/£4 * Piano Recital - Kwango Lee - Emmanuel Church/ 4pm * Loss of Separation - Conrad Williams - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /7pm * Spoken Word Snail & Radio: Now in Technicolour - Albert Club /7.30pm £5/£4 con * Harvest Barn Dance - Christ Church URC 7.30pm /£7.50 * Ties of Friendship - Kalinka Balalaika - Emmanuel Church /7.30pm * Jim Bannister Trio - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /8.30pm £3/£2 con SUNDAY - 25 September
* Craft Café - Northern Lawn Tennis Club/ 10am-4pm £1/children free * Adventures In Writing - Healthy Spirit /10am - 1pm £10/£6 con * Latin Horses -Walkabout Street Theatre - Yeshe the Yak - Giant Walkabout Puppet – Street Dance – 3rd Davyhulme Scout & Guide Band – all Outside Library from /11.30am * DAF Festival Gallery – Emmanuel Church – 1pm-5pm everyday * DAF 2011 Parade of Artists & Puppets - from Outside Library /1pm * DAF Creative Space - Fletcher Moss Park /1pm-5pm - See DAF Creative Space programme for details of activities * Global Vista - Vista Trio - Nazarene College Chapel /1.30pm * Chi Kung (Qigong) - Andreas Scholl - Fletcher Moss Park /2pm * Memento Mori - Nicholas Royle - Parsonage Gardens /3pm * CoMA Manchester presents Terry Riley’s ‘In C’ - CoMA Nanchester-Sanctuary Bar /4pm * AFD Street Dancers - Didsbury United Reformed Church /5pm /£1 * Souza Winds & Strata Strings - Christ Church /7pm * Travelling Light Circus - Parrs Wood High School /6.30pm £5/£3 * The Didsbury Comedy Club - Andrew Ryan - Didsbury Cricket Club /8pm £7/£6 NUS * Sargasso Township - Jazz Band - St Catherines Club /8pm £5/£4 * Speakfreaky - Open Mic Event - Folk Café Bar /8pm * The Disappeared - Slug & Lettuce/ 8.30pm MONDAY - 26 September
* Crochet Workshops & Yarn Bombing - Healthy Spirit 11am-1pm * DAF Festival Gallery – Emmanuel Church – 1pm-5pm everyday * Classical Music Concert - Arioso - Nazarene College Chapel /1pm * Exhibition and Poetry Reading - Jeffrey Wainwright & Barry White - Nazarene College Chapel /3.30pm * New Poetry & Music - Jinny Shaw - Nazarene College Chapel /7pm * Intriplicate & Voci Dolci - Emmanuel Church /7.30pm * Doctors and Witches - Elizabeth Baines - Healthy Spirit /7.30pm * Nick Holmes Band - The Railway Pub /8pm * Murmurations - Nicholas Royle - PizzaExpress /8pm * Alice Gasson - Didsbury Pub /8pm /£3 * An Evening with A Means to An End and Friends - Sanctuary Bar /9pm * The Acoustic Conquistador - Arlen Connolly - Folk Café Bar /9pm * Storyville Live Music Gig - Didsbury Cricket Club /9pm
TUESDAY - 27 September
* DAF Festival Gallery – Emmanuel Church – 1pm-5pm everyday * Octets for Winds and Strings - Deconet - Nazarene College Chapel /1pm * Crochet Workshops & Yarn Bombing - Healthy Spirit /3-5pm * Recital of songs - Louis Hurst & Ewan Gilford - Emmanuel Church /4pm * Poetry and Music - Susan Stern & Quagga Saxaphone Quartet - Sanctuary Bar /4pm * Backchat - Poetry & Jazz - Folk Café Bar /6pm * Young Identity - Emmanuel Church /7pm * Live Music Now! Charity Recital - Absolution Saxaphone Quartet - Didsbury United Reformed Church /7.30pm /£5 * Art, Architecture & Music - Siemens highlight - Siemens /7.30pm (Book) * A Reading by Jackie Kay - Nazarene College Chapel /7.30pm * Free Your Creative Soul - Workshop - Healthy Spirit /7.30pm-9.30pm /£10 * The Steve Pimlott/ Ulrich Elbracht Experience - Albert Club /8.00pm £5/£3 * Dislocation Dance - Slug & Lettuce /8pm * Open Mic Night - Hosted by Andrew Ryan - Didsbury Cricket Club /8pm * Peter Clare - Solo Jazz Piano - Gusto /8pm * Gary Taylor Jazz Quintet - Didsbury Golf Club /8.30pm £3/£2 mem * Jazz Swing singer David Bradley - The Royal Oak /8.30pm * Soul Sessions Lauren Housley - One Lounge Bar /8.30pm * The Stronger and Silent Night - Nicola Schofield - PizzaExpress /9pm /£4
WEDNESDAY - 27 September
* DAF Festival Gallery – Emmanuel Church – 1pm-5pm everyday * Pasaos Duo - Saxaphone & Percussion - Nazarene College Chapel /1pm * Crochet Workshops & Yarn Bombing - Healthy Spirit /2-4pm * Piano, Flute and Clarinet Trio - The Showcase Society - Christ Church Darley Avenue /4pm * A Tribute to Linda Chase - Carol Ann Duffy, Jane Lawrence & Paul Beevers - Emmanuel Church /7.00pm /£5 * A Spanish and Brazilian Music Concert - Christ Church Darley Ave/7.30pm * Alexandra Lennon with Jazz O.D. - Didsbury Golf Club /7.30pm £3/£2 con * Book Launch: A Man Walks Into A Kitchen - Robert Graham - Didsbury Pub /7.30pm * Infinite Tai Chi Free Taster - Workshop - Christ Church Darley Ave /8pm * Jazz Swing singer David Bradley - The Railway Pub /8pm * flashtag 1: Anthology Launch - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /8pm * Seymour & Sykes: Make History - Slug & Lettuce /8.30pm * A Modern Jazz Sextet - Jazzworks - Sanctuary Bar/ 9pm * The Bradawls - Slug & Lettuce /9.30pm /£3 THURSDAY - 29 September
* Infinite Chi Kung Free Taster - Christ Church /10am * DAF Festival Gallery – Emmanuel Church – 1pm-5pm everyday * Vocal Recital - Debbie Oliver/Jonathan Fisher - Nazarene College Chapel /1pm * An American Dream - Questi Venti - Emmanuel Church /4pm * Midnight Bourbon - Peter Clare & Leisa Gray - Sanctuary Bar /4pm * Book Launch: 8 X 8 - MMU Cheshire/Stockport College - Nazarene College Chapel /7pm * Carole Isis - Singer Songwriter - Didsbury United Reformed Church /7.30pm * Sister Talk - Makeda - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /7.30pm * Free Your Creative Soul - Healthy Spirit /7.30pm-9.30pm /£10 * Everybody Salsa! - Ivy Manchester /7.30pm /£3 * Tributes’: South Manchester Short Film Festival - Albert Club /8pm * Boplicity - PizzaExpress /9pm /£2 * Purgatory - Purgatory Productions - St Nicholas Church /9pm /£5 FRIDAY – 30 September
* Dance For All - Strictly Wheelchair & Lancastrian Pupils - Lancasterian School/1.30pm A reading from A Selection Of Tall Tales - Angelina Johnson - Mary & Archie /3pm * Snapper’s Five-A-Day Puppet Show - Tim Preston - West Didsbury Sure Start Centre /3.30pm * Points North - Tempest - Nazarene College Chapel /4pm /£3 * The Pathfinders - Sanctuary Bar /4pm * Poetry Launch - John McAuliffe, Evan Jones, Vincenz Serrano - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /7pm * Kathryn Stott, Nelson Goerner & friends... Emmanuel Church /7.30pm /£15 adv * English music & songs from the shows - The Cavendish Singers - Didsbury United Reformed Church /7.30pm * Bless DAF - a festival live music performance - St Nicholas Church /8pm /£8 * Mish Mash Cabaret - Didsbury Cricket Club /8pm /£7/£5 con * The Whole Hog in Concert - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /9pm
SATURDAY – 1 October
* Architectural Stroll with Phil Griffin - Outside The Didsbury Pub /10am * Free Your Creative Self - Healthy Spirit /10am-5pm /£30 * Fiction Writing Workshop - Didsbury Pub /10.30am /£5 * Continental Coffee Concert - Students of Chethams - Emmanuel Church /10.30am * DAF 2011 Competitions Awards Ceremony - Didsbury Library 11am * Exhibition & Poetry Reading - Jeffrey Wainwright & Barry White - Nazarene College Chapel 11am * ‘Telling Tales’ Story-telling workshop - Emily Capstick - Didsbury Library /11am - 12.30pm * Parrs Wood Drama Performance & primary school Dancers - Didsbury Library /11.30am * The Pride and Prejudice, the Fun and Fears of being a Small-time Publisher - Jane Schaffer of Seven Arches Publishing - Albert Club/12noon * DAF Festival Gallery – Emmanuel Church – 1pm-5pm everyday * A Musical Journey Piano Recital - Stephanie Leung - Emmanuel Church /1pm * Hatha Yoga Class Free Taster - Didsbury United Reformed Church /1-2pm * Recital by Students of Parrs Wood High School - Nazarene College Chapel /1.15pm * ‘What is this Place: Who Made this Place?’ - Emmanuel Church /2pm * Is it Jewellery? A Mini Symposium - Nazarene College Café /2pm-5pm * Spilled Milk - Johnny Woodhams - Didsbury United Reformed Church /2.30pm * An afternoon of classical favourites - Manchester Beethoven Orchestra - Christ Church, Darley Ave/ 3pm /£5/children free * Wise Move Dance – Triple Bill - Emmanuel Parish Centre /4pm * A Quiet Night with Carl Tighe - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /7pm * Magic of Twilight - Lanterns & Lamps Event - meet at Fletcher Moss Café (outside) /7pm /£2 * Didsbury’s Got Talent - Showcase Final - Parrs Wood High School /7.30pm /£5 * Mancunians Making Music - St James Consort - Emmanuel Church /7.30pm * Jadid Ensemble in Concert - Nazarene College Chapel /7.30pm /£8 * Mike Farmer Quartet - Northern Lawn Tennis Club /8.30pm £4/£3 con * The Bet Shop Boys - The Royal Oak /8.30pm * Easy Pieces Comedy Night - Albert Club /8pm /£6/£5 con