And The Dish Ran Away With The Spoon opened on Burton Road in West Didsbury almost a year ago, and to celebrate their first birthday, the lovely cake shop and cafe are going to be hosting their own party with plenty of reasons to turn up!
We can remember our first visit to this West Didsbury Gem to say hello to Anna and sample their brownies and we can't believe it's been a year already. They're also about more than just sweet stuff, as And Dish Ran Away With The Spoon also put on regular classes which we promote via Fetch and even pop up in city centre venues sometimes to share their cakes with a wider audience.
Anyway, back to Saturday 15th October!...
- The first 10 people through the door of the cake shop on Saturday October 15th will receive a slice of cake or a cupcake of their choice for 1 penny
- All cupcakes purchased before 1pm are only £1 (max 2 cakes per person)
- They’ll be serving up butterfly cakes all day (like you had at birthday parties back in the day)
- Super yummy cake menu served all day
- Every cake purchased and eaten on the premises comes with free complimentary candle (they can’t light them due to those pesky Health & Safety people - dam them!)
- Every person who sits in and enjoys cake in our tea-room that day receives a retro party bag containing goodies and cakey-related offers
- Competitions running all week (which is incidentally National Cake Week – anyone would think they’d planned it!) via their facebook page.
We'll be retweeting the Dish Ran Away With The Spoon Tweets, but you can find more information and keep up with their cakey Birthday news via: