How far is didsbury from Manchester City Centre?
Published Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Didsbury is in South Manchester, and has great transport links from the City Centre. The journey isn't far, and there are various travel options.
In a straight line, Didsbury Village is 4.2 miles from Manchester City Centre. Measurement from the Wilmslow Road, Barlow Moor Road junction. Slightly further than the 2.8 miles from the centre of Chorlton
In a straight line, West Didsbury is 3.5 miles from Manchester City Centre. Measurement from the Burton Road, Lapwing Lane junction.
In a straight line, East Didsbury is 4.8 miles from Manchester City Centre. Measurement from the Wilmslow Road, Kingsway A34 junction.
St. Peter's Square is a good central spot in the City Centre so we've used that for our measurements.
By Train you can travel to Manchester City Centre in as little as 9 minutes from East Didsbury Train Station.
By Metrolink the journey times to St Peter's Square are:
- 28 minutes from East Didsbury (Didsbury Road)
- 22 minutes from Didsbury Village (School Lane)
- 20 minutes from West Didsbury (Palatine Road)
- 19 minutes from Burton Road
- 17 minutes from Withington (Princess Parkway)
A taxi will take you (longer at busy times):
- 25 minutes from East Didsbury at the Wilmslow Road and Kingsway A34 junction
- 25 minutes from Didsbury Village at Wilmslow Road and Barlow Moor Road junction
- 20 minutes from West Didsbury at Burton Road and Lapwing Lane junction
If you'd like to get the bus (longer at busy times) then its:
- The number 50 from East Didsbury taking 45 minutes
- The number 42 from Didsbury Village taking 45 minutes
- The number 111 from West Didsbury taking 40 minutes